Electric Vehicle Technology
The EV industry has seen a large evolution in battery technology making it a huge holder of ownership cost. The dynamic evolution and research in battery technology have led to huge breakthroughs. From fast charging to storing more power at low cost, battery technology is a flourishing domain of the EV industry. To develop your skill set and get a grasp of battery technology, this course provides an understanding of current changes and evolutions in the technology. Discover the progressive advancements in battery technology through our CADD courses in Nagercoil. Gain insights into scientific principles, design aspects, and comprehend the various components of batteries.
What you will learn from this course?
- Will be able to calculate vehicle dynamics
- Knowledge of cell chemistry and motor controllers
- Concept of motor classifications and EV auxiliary systems
- Expertise in modeling battery cells and battery packs.
- Proficiency in designing Battery Management Systems (BMS) and simulating Electric Vehicle (EV) cell models.
- Familiarity with testing requirements and modeling Electric Vehicles (EV) by integrating Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
- Simulation of EV battery models with CAE
Projects under this course
While pursuing this course, you will work on the following projects:
- Calculation of traction power for Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles and simulation using MATLAB integration.
- Creating an accurate case for a battery pack model consisting of 1P48S cylindrical cells.
- Executing a thermal analysis on battery pack of 1P48S cylindrical cell
- Learning and implementing cell balancing algorithm with the incorporation of Simulink
- Developing a Simulink model for a DC motor using Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE).
Skillset and academic requirements
If you are uncertain about whether this is the right course for you, consider checking if you meet all the criteria.
- Keen knowledge of physics and chemistry
- Good product design skills
- Detail-oriented research ability
- Flair for quality control, analysis, and testing
- Mechanical engineering/automobile engineering
- UG in any science course
- Studying the requirements of customers and business aims
- Building models and prototypes of battery designs
- Running simulations for analyses to ensure reliability and feasibility
- Editing designs and collaborating with manufacturing support.
- EV/automobile design firms
- Design consulting companies
- EV accessory makers